Our Policy explains how we collect, use, and disclose personal information in Canada. For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” is any information that identifies you or by which your identity could be deduced. It includes: your name, home contact information, telephone number, email address, facsimile number, billing and account information, information relevant to your financing, and other information incidental to the provision of mortgage advice and our services.
Wherever possible, we collect your personal information directly from you at the start of the business relationship and throughout the course of our representation of you, both verbally or by written correspondence, including in person, by emails, and telephone inquiries. Sometimes we may obtain information about you from other sources, for example:
- your insurance company, your financial institute, or your employer;
- a government agency or registry;
- your accountant or other professional business adviser;
- law firms, agents, or consultants retained by you in the past where these parties have information relevant to the matter in which we are acting for you.
Mountainview Mortgage – Chris Kyrou collects, uses, and discloses personal information in order to provide our clients with professional financing solutions. In particular, we collect, use, and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- in order to provide you with financing solutions and avoid conflicts of interest;
- client identification and verification;
- administrative management, to invoice you for services, administer accounts, collect and process payments, evaluate credit standing, fulfill contractual obligations, and audit our business operations;
- for mailings such as newsletters and announcements relating to our company;
- to establish and manage client relationships;
- to contact and communicate with clients and other individuals for the purpose of conducting market research, and evaluating client service and satisfaction;
- to meet legal requirements, such as complying with court orders and subpoenas;
- to provide information to representatives and advisors to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements;
- to develop and manage Mountainview Mortgage – Chris Kyrous’ business and operations;
- for any other purpose for which we have your consent or otherwise permitted by law.
We will not collect personal information indiscriminately and we will not provide your personal information to any third party to allow them to market their products or services. Under certain circumstances, Mountainview Mortgage – Chris Kyrou may disclose your personal information:
- when we are required or authorized by law to do so, for example, if a court issues a subpoena;
- when you have consented to the disclosure;
- when the services we are providing to you requires us to give your information to third parties (such as financial institutes), your consent will be implied, unless you tell us otherwise;
- where it is necessary to establish or collect fees;
- to regulatory (including self-regulatory) or governmental authorities, for example, disclosure of personal information reasonably requested or required by governing bodies of the financing industry in the course of its oversight of our practice;
- if we retain other related entities on your behalf;
- to a person who in our reasonable opinion is providing or seeking information as your agent.
Your personal information is stored in secured locations and on servers controlled by Mountainview Mortgage – Chris Kyrou located at our offices or at the offices of our service providers in Canada. Mountainview Mortgage – Chris Kyrou has implemented reasonable physical, organizational, and security measures to safeguard the personal information in our custody or control. These include safeguards to protect personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. We operate secure data networks protected by firewall and password protected systems. We will retain your personal information only as long as needed by us to provide our services and as necessary to comply with legal, accounting, or regulatory requirements. In some circumstances, personal information may be stored in an off-site storage facility until we determine it is no longer required.
It is important that your personal information be accurate and up-to-date. During the course of our business relationship, we ask that you provide us with any changes to your personal information and contact Mountainview Mortgage – Chris Kyrou to update the personal information we maintain in our client files.
You may request to view your personal information by writing to the Chief Privacy Officer. Please note that under certain circumstances, you may not be permitted access, for example where litigation privilege applies, or where the disclosure of your records would cause security, legal, or confidentiality concerns.